Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pirate101 Pet Training and Battling Review

   
     Ah Pirate101...love you so much but WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS! Now I just want to clear things up, I don't hate the entire test realm update and to be quite honest my opinion is a bit late anyways to even have it matter but I still wanted to address the amount of sheer facepalming I felt when playing this update. To my surprise it wasn't even the companion changes I was mad at. The things I was mad at were the updates that I was most excited for. Pet training is TERRIBLE. "But Nick, it's so fun, you can watch them grow and play fun games with them" is what I have been getting in response to the my anger and people need to open their eyes to what pet training is. It is like the worst farmville type game ever created, mixed in with minimal to no actual gameplay at all. Sure the Wizard101 pet training is flawed and the people that just want to feed their pets snacks should be able to do it if they don't want to play the dance game every time but the OPTION for someone to actually do something is there. Pirate101 didn't even have the decency to totally copy Wizard101! The people at Kings Isle are just standing there like...

                         
This is what I hate. The pet training is literally, well clicking buttons. They promised us simple activities to do with pets that we all assumed were some form of mini quests or mini games. Not an interface with a stupid squirrel! And if this was the case and there were no games, fine, but why add the little tents! The people from Skull Island, Grizzleheim, MooShu and Marleybone have absolutely NO PURPOSE other than the little introduction. They aren't merchants, they aren't pet game kiosks, so why are they there? And if they were going to do this LOWER THE FREKIN' PRICE! I am talking to some of the idiots that run our community and they are sitting their like "Well, isn't it SO FUN!" Like am I seriously the only crazy one that thinks this is in no way  fun? Wizard101 had pet snacks that are pricey and Pirate has them too but now they have the stupid ADDITIONAL price of the "gear". Again, the gear has no purpose other than a gimmick to get you to buy more stuff. So after you blow you're college saving buying the pet gear and pet snacks to train your pet, and somehow convinced yourself to not blow your brains out for even thinking about doing this, you are ready to train, you choose an activity hit 'train' and Oh look, it will only take my 26 hours to train my pet! That is reasonable. I mean, Wizard101 has the EXCRUCIATING time of about 30 seconds by doing the dance game but Pirate101 thought it would be fun to wait hours upon hours for your stupid pet to have the chance to level. And that is my point, mega snacks are REQUIRED to train in both games, you will not get that perfect pet by not spending money and that is the problem. KingsIsle is known for the pay to win model but do it in a way that makes it seem like you don't NEED to spend money. But again the stupid people in our community, "No you don't need to spend money, you can wait, you have to be patient, you are all so lazy" but no, I am not going to wait 20+ hours to give my pet ONE snack and do that every day. IF I did that, it would take my literally like 3 and a half years to train a pet to mega, which sorry to break it to you, P101 won't last that long for it to matter (maybe an exaggeration). Okay, you waited your lifetime to feed your pet and then you will on occasion get this LOVELY message...

     Can I explain to you how irritating this is? You wait all that time, you spend all that money on pet snacks to train your pet for talents that aren't really worth it to begin with, and you get that message. Your pet just, it doesn't FEEL like eating, it just doesn't FEEL like training today. So then your hot earned money goes to waste but you can always try again later with one of the other 16-22 long hour training sessions, but sorry your pet doesn't have dumbbells, which you acquire from salsa dancing, which requires maracas, which you can only get from hay jumping, which requires Jordan sneakers, which you can only get from pet battling...
Which takes me to I might say, stupidest systems I have ever seen. Pet battling, has NO TALENT to it. You do NOTHING while your pet get's his butt kicked by over powered NPCS or other players that have sat through hundreds of other battles until they are allowed to bring in four pets for your one. The idiots argue "You hit cheer though" but 'cheer' does little to nothing. Immediately, it has no benefits, it does nothing when you click it, it just adds a little bit to a bar that fills up. Once it's filled up you can use one of your pet's specials but they do nothing, because you are dead before the bar fills up anyways. I cannot stress how much this update angers me, it is boring as hell, has no strategy to it, has you doing absolutely NOTHING but waiting and requires you to burn I would say hundreds to thousands of dollars to get your perfect ostrich. I have been Nicholas LionRider/Kent and I will see you later, as a final word, I will not be participating in pet training because I am not in the slightest bit interested and as a final rating on this entire update I am just going to call it what it is. A waste. The game was fine as is with all it's elements but they had to go tampering with a perfectly good thing, they could have invested more time into Valencia Part II, or Krokotopia but instead they create new free to play areas (already losing money there) and the only way to get some of the money back they spend on the new rat gang areas was to put a gigantic price tag on pets and so I hope you all "enjoy" the new Pirate101 because I am just upset by it.
 

1 comment: