Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Community and Why I don't like it.

  Now as everyone's knows by now lately I don't post all that often and it is because I don't make a blog post unless I feel a great importance to make one. Since I don't have homework and I am bored, I just want to make one to express my feelings about the Wizard101/Pirate101 community. First thing's first, I hate the overall concept and idea behind everything in it, I have met some great people and when I say "the community" everyone needs to understand their are exceptions to everything. I will probably use a of direct names of websites and people just because I think it is fair, I have freedom of speech and since no one really reads my posts anyway, who cares.
   First is official sites and why I think they are unfair, annoying and pointless. Way back whenever, most official sites were run by children, young adults and maybe one or two community leaders like Friendly and Stephen that were playing the game for their kids and enjoyed things like podcasting and blogging as a hobby. I had no problem with that, especially contests. Contests were something of a rare event and they were typically worth something that by today's standards would be terrible. Thing was, we liked them because we weren't spoiled. Same goes for content but that we will talk about later. The thing I am upset about now is: 1. The amount of contests we have, 2. The people who run official sites and 3. The idea behind official sites. First is contests, we have FAR too many of them! Every little hoard, hat, whatever that comes out, is given out by ridiculous contests on official fansites. Three most popular are the: "Come up with an idea for ________(art is worth bonus points)." "Random trivia (based on my opinion of the right answer)","find the code in my archive of 20,000 posts (I gave it to my friend an hour ago so when you find it, it's gonna be gone)", "HIDE AND SEEK! Find 'x' and we won't tell you what realm, area, world, game, or name of the character we will be on!"
-This is a side note about hide and seek btw, they never give any hints at all! If they do it is of like a realm or something. Plus they don't say the name of the realm straight out either, it has to be "I can be found in the realm named after Cerberus' brother" Like just say your in orthrus, you don't have to pull any stupid bullcrap. And of course on twitter they have to go "Hehe, someone is near me...*giggles* wait...oh looks like they aren't playing" because in reality, only about 2000 people are in the community and it is more likely that you will run into a random person hiding than the 1% out of 22500 trying to find you. So I recommend they just stop with this type because it is just getting out of hand with how crazy it is.
   This is more on official sites, why is it they are ALL adults, brainwashed to be totally nice, and have some sort of little hang out group. Can't tell you how many times it is these huge conversations with Edward and Autumn, or Kelsey, Paige and Johnny. Like I really don't want to hear all this stuff. Worst of it is when a big update comes out and they flood the news feed of twitter copying and pasting the update notes. Tweet One: Pirate101 now has a bazaar! Tweet two: Pirate101 now has new companions! Tweet Three: Pirate101 has-like we get it. We all read them you don't need to highlight everything. Half the time the end of the update is spoiled and put into a meme. The main thing I hate is the repeaters of official sites. Within a day of Pirate101 being ANNOUNCED, there was Pieces of 8 Radio, Pirate101 Central, Ditto, and I think it was Paige (need to check on that) but point was, they already had official sites on Pirate101 because they knew about it from alpha. I remember talking to Edward back then before he was official and he was arguing the same thing. Now we have how many doubles for both game officials: Kelsey, Johnny (about to be), RR (there new whatever), Central (has 3), Legends, Ditto, and Paige. That is almost all the Wizard101 official sites and they each are also official on Pirate101. HOW IS THIS FAIR! I think you should be only official on one and choose wisely. 99% would go to Pirate101 even though at the moment if you ask most they always give the answer of "Both are perfect games and they are both equally perfect". Without any real opinions on them.
   Now I can go into detail about the rest of the community but I will just highlight some things cause I don't feel like ranting on them all for too long so here is a summary:
-Central, just stop. You don't own the community, you aren't the main hub, 90% of people just made accounts to win easy prizes and download images. Same goes for people saying they are the center of the community, they aren't.
-To gay pride things on twitter, don't want to see um. If people get mad over swearing, stop posting about homosexuals as well as any other form of non gaming news, it is biast and honestly hearing "sh*t* isn't nearly as bad as saying "SIGN UP FOR ME TO BUY MY NEW HIGH HEELS! I CLEARLY NEED TO SHOW I AM GAY TO EVERYONE! AGAIN I REPEAT I AM GAY AND NEED TO STATE IT EVER SECOND! PLEASE SUPPORT" just stop -_-.
-Stupidity...oh my god! STOP IT! I don't give a damn about llamas, potatoes, bunnies, memes or other stupid humor. Same goes for cats, don't get me started on cats -_-
-Finally! If you aren't official, DONT ACT LIKE IT! Swordroll and Wizards Unite, two big ones. Don't want to see a hundred posts about them if you aren't official. If you guys wish to sink money and time into something pointless, be all means. But I don't want actual official sites showing them off. Until I see your name on a website, don't really care. And if you guys want to get serious, buy better prizes than rental mounts and codes from other people you didn't use.Graphics don't mean anything next to content and other stuff. Concept is really the only reason I go to Swordroll's site anymore, and now that the secret ones are gone, it is kinda pointless to even go see those every Friday.
-One more side note, wizard award ceremonies are crap and should stop. They are always ruined and you aren't gonna get anywhere with them.
I think that about does it, I have all my feelings out and really don't give a crap if I get any hate. It is my personal opinions, and better to get them out here than on twitter (where I get crap anyway). So if you want you can tell your friends or share it, but until whenever I post next, see you in the game-not the community...

19 comments:

  1. If you don't like it, then don't be here. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like it? LEAVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't like the post, get off the blog! Simple as that.

      Delete
    2. Lol, you deserve all the hate your getting, LOL

      Delete
  3. This is why nobody likes you in the community, Mr. ConArtist!
    -SN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people do, it is just a matter of what you agree with. I gave my opinion, I am getting mixed opinions, people agreeing, and people being anonymous like you that just whine because you don't agree. I respect your opinion but don't come here whining.

      Delete
  4. I agree with the above post. If you hate it, ignore the host. If you wanna be a sore loser then be one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly...

    The community is the community. It will STILL be this way no matter what you say. Complaining about sites like WU, people who are open and are one with their sexuality, and those who like to talk about animals won't do ANYTHING.

    Sadly, there will be hate, and their will be people that disagree. We all learn to live with others disagreements, but it crosses the line when you go and insult some amazing members of the community.

    What if I said...

    "I hate people that post rants on blogspot about how they hate this and that and they're stupid."

    Doesn't seem too nice, does it? Feels like I'm pointing someone out and yelling at them? Yeah, it does. Honestly, the mature ones in the community learn to deal with others opinions and don't post hate about it. No need to hate in the first place, or single others out, which won't do anything besides insult and upset those who have been singled out, as well as created uneeded drama in the community.

    There's a block button, and an unfollow button. Use it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were to post that wherever I wouldn't care. It is about open criticism, and I didn't want this to be a public thing. It is on a little blog that is rarely used and I don't really mind all the hate I am getting cause I knew it would come. I don't hate really any of the people in the post, just the motives KI puts behind them.

      Delete
    2. See, I completely respect your perspective that you have towards this. The thing is, though, that it is insulting to a lot of people and they will get mad and take it out on you. We all were raised with our different values, and it's the game and community that brings us all together. Although criticism is welcomed in a lot of places, people will take it personally and have a bias against people who are actually good members.

      I completely see your opinion, but in mine, posting about it was a little too far.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually don't spend much time acting like an official fansite because that doesn't really concern me so much. That doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it and won't apply, it just means that it's not my driving force.

    I host contests because they're fun. I actually give out prizes on a decent scale and not a huge one so that I'm not spoiling the community as you say. But I do have some fair stuff. I've given out thousands of crowns in my time plus wands, permanent mounts, games, packs, etc. And bundles. I do so selectively, though.

    I post frequently because again, I enjoy it. And I think it's funny that everyone is so fascinated with my one-man blog, but I'm not going to tell them no if they want to post about it. I think it's awful nice!

    I actually get where you're coming from on several points like the content release rate and abundance of contests. If I'm perfectly honest, even if you content were good, your presentation needs work, as you can see by the feedback.

    I like Paige's quote: "Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves;
    because you're a reflection of what they wish to be."Don't be so hard on yourself!

    And while I might be "feeding the trolls" so to speak, I couldn't resist. Because hey, I'm so glad you took so much time out of your day to think about all of us! I'm truly flattered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't hate myself by any means and really don't wish to be anything I mentioned. I could have been official years ago but decided against it.

      Delete
    2. Is that so? I would love to see you become official just to let us know how it works. Then hop off that train and tell us about the ride.

      Delete
    3. Calm your rolls bro! There burning in the oven!

      Delete
  8. Too many contests, I agree on that :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You bring up a lot of fair points, but your way of conveying it to us was a bad show. You didn't have to name specific people/sites. And no offence nick, but who are you tell other people what to do? These are your opinions and should stay as them, not become instructions. Also, people spend time on their blog/site because they like the game. I'm sorry if this came out mean in anyway :P, just trying to convey a message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I totally understand, basically I needed to rant my frustration and since people actually WATCH my videos, READ my twitter feed, I decided I would go onto my blog no one looks at, and low and behold, people found out. It my my personal opinions and I said in the first paragraph that I knew it would offend people by using names but I just had to do it, it has been boiling inside me not to just give me honest opinion. I am just brutally honest, and instead of going to them individually I looked at problems that seem to go throughout various things. Not just the names I said.

      Delete